Monday, August 22, 2011

What biosolids can do to your plants. Warning - May not be suitable for all audiences.

These Big Bodaceous Plants are just popping with colors because of the biosolids in their mix. (Those cultures that frown upon bright colors and attracting attention should avert your eyes from these gorgeous gals!)

"That's Great stuff!" I hear my father-in-law tell my husband on the phone a few weeks ago. And here are the pictures to prove it.
Not that they doubted the power of biosolids, but I think it did surprise the in-laws a bit in the actual performance of biosolids (aka treated sewage sludge) and the difference they saw in their flowers.
The biosolids compost stowed away with my in-laws as they made their annual migration to Oregon for the summer. It's the first time they've used biosolids there. I don't think there are any available from the local treatment plant there, so their friends and neighbors will be especially jealous!
Pictured below are two verbenas and above are callies (calibrachoa). I love the exposure on the picture of the callies. Thanks for sharing, Bing and Della!!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment